As a growing company, we are constantly in contact with potential new colleagues. Administration of those potential new colleagues can be quite a hassle, candidates were kept in (different) Excel sheets, which involved a lot of work and leaves quite a bit of room for errors. This raised the question of how we could better streamline and record the recruitment process. In a short session we established the requirements together.
We found that the user in any case must:
- Be able to use the app via the browser or a tablet
- Be able to add a candidate quickly and easily with all relevant data
- Guide candidates through the process by means of statuses
- Be able to add attachments
- Schedule meetings and send teams / agenda invites
- Reporting on the process, e.g. percentage of candidates hired through recruiter ‘A’
- Rejected candidates automatically anonymize / remove after an X time due to the GDPR
- Linking up to the existing database of the HR system (Dynamics 365 Talent)
By using the low-code possibilities of the Power Platform, we were able to realize the entire solution in two weeks, of which the first two days of design.
About the solution
In outline, the solution consists of:
- A Canvas App (the Recruitment App itself)
- A Model-Driven App (Back office in which a number of settings can be managed, such as the number of days after which candidates are anonymized
- Power BI (for reports)
- A Cloud Flow (for anonymizing data)
By using the existing database, we had direct access to channels such as recruiters and the different teams and roles. And the best thing was: we could use them immediately. The use of the existing database also has the advantage that this data does not have to be managed separately for the recruitment app.
How it works
We have created one new field to record the candidate process. The candidate’s personal data is recorded on an existing table (contacts). All data related to the process, such as channel, team, role and status (history), are recorded in the new table, with a link to the contact. The data has been deliberately divided into two tables for reporting and anonymization purposes. The Cloud Flow that anonymizes the personal data removes the entire contact record, to ensure that all privacy-sensitive data is really gone. All data about the process is stored in the other table, so that, after anonymization, it is still included in the report.
Interested in the recruitment app, or just looking for general information? Please reach out to us! You can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or call +31 20 303 24 70